Ceramic coating is an excellent way to protect your car’s paint and give a high gloss sheen to your vehicle. But when we have ceramic coating, do we need to wash the car regularly? What are the real benefits of ceramic coating? Humble Crew Detailing will discuss this with you!
Do hydrophobic properties mean we dont need to maintain the vehicle?
The answer is no. However, it should not be expected that you will not need to wash it as regularly.
Contaminants that are left behind might still attach to the coated surface. More little particles will gradually adhere and layer, resulting in a dirty vehicle.
You should not wash your car within seven days after installation, after curing, you should wash your vehicle every two weeks to make your car shine and prolong the life of the ceramic coating.
When applied properly, a ceramic coat will resist water and, as a result, muck and filth will have a more difficult time attaching to your vehicle’s paint. Another advantage is that impurities may be removed with less effort, and washing and rinsing your automobile is generally more than enough to restore its luster.
What are the advantages of Ceramic Coating?
Ceramic Coating has several benefits.
Improve the car’s appearance
When your automobile is coated with Ceramic, it has an extra layer of protection, which helps against the environmental elements. The ceramic coating on the car’s exterior protects it from harsh UV rays and makes it look more polished and elegant. The reason for this is that the Ceramic layer may improve the depth, clarity, and gloss of the automobile by increasing the reflectance of the paint under sunlight.
UV protection for your vehicle
Because constant exposure to the sun is unavoidable, the car’s paint might begin to oxidize over time, resulting in peeling, dulling, and progressively fading. Ceramic coating will assist your vehicle in limiting those above. Because this coating may protect your vehicle from the sun’s UV radiation, it can reduce paint oxidation.
Simple to clean.
A ceramic coating also makes washing your vehicle much more effortless. Because dirt and debris do not adhere as easily to the coated surface, you will spend less time washing and cleaning.
How Do You Wash Your Car After Ceramic Coating?
Knowing how to wash your automobile after it has been coated with a ceramic coating may directly impact how the coating performs in the long run and how well it maintains both its appearance and protective features.
- Avoid cleaning your automobile at a self-service car wash. It will damage your automobile’s finish and cause tiny scratches to appear. It is a highly abrasive brush in automatic car washes, which can retain scratch-prone impurities from prior washes.
- Do not wash your car within seven days after installation. Hand wash the vehicle and wash it in shaded areas.
- Every two weeks, clean your car. Although ceramic coating may keep your automobile from getting dirty as quickly, you will still need to maintain it to keep contaminants at bay. Make certain that impurities such as bird droppings, tree sap, or insects are removed from the automobile paint as soon as possible.
- Use professional vehicle wash supplies, and select a car wash soap that is ph neutral. Aggressive chemicals will only harm the ceramic coating and the automobile’s paint.
- The two bucket approach suggests using one bucket for the shampoo wash solution and another for washing your wash mitt with plain water.
- Using a microfiber towel, thoroughly dry the car. These towels absorb tiny debris, bacteria, and germs while offering excellent drying properties.
If you are a car enthusiast, regular maintenance is the key to keeping your vehicle looking good. Ceramic Coating at Humble Crew Detailing is the greatest choice for safeguarding your car from harm, and with proper maintenance, it will last for years. Call Humble Crew Detailing in Plymouth, MN, at (612) 207-2685 to arrange your appointment!